Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Reminds me of childhood memories...is there anything more arbit than this??
The rain began to come down in trickles as I trudged along the weary path.. The drizzle suddenly metamorphasized into a downpour but a strong feeling of romanticism told me not to budge..
Now completely drenched in the mind-numbingness of nostalgia, I allowed myself to rove into a realm that seldom arises from a faraway recess in the labyrinth of my mind..
I remember whole lakes rendered visibly pink by the droves of flamingoes that inhabited it.. Shoals of fish in every conceivable colour and shade serenading through the water as seen from a glass bottomed boat.. Roads that slither from side to side and snake up and down like a roller coaster..
Observing prides of lions from mere feet away.. Wildebeest harrying across as our Isuzu trooper parades on, stamping its authority on the semblance of a road..
Abruptly, I halt my meanderings and take in the intoxicating fragrance of the rain quenching the near insatiable thirst of the soil.. Ah, home... It's a place called Kenya, an inseperable part of my being..a splendidly unspoilt hinterland which the putrid stench of civilization has not been able to pervade into..
Maybe I'm reading too much of "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"(about the halucinations caused by every drug known to man) or maybe the copious amounts of filter kaapi I'm guzzling is acting up..

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss filter kaapi! haha.. You know.. I love to find a cozy coffe place to chill at where they have good coffee and nice ambience and there are a few I know here. You better get to Singapore man. It's been ages. When you get to Sg, you could also go backpacking around Southeast Asia.. If that interests you at all..
Anyway.. That book sounds interesting. I am going to hunt for it here.
N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home