Thursday, August 03, 2006

7 THOUGHTS FROM THE TOP OF MY HEAD...
1. Pining for college life and hoping that the verve I imbibe at the top of every semester doesnt fizzle out befor 3 weeks..
2. I'm fucking pissed right now.. The worst part of it is that I don't know the reason...
Maybe it's because my own family can't appreciate me..
Maybe it's because of my grandmother's extremely parochial attitude..
Maybe it's a Mc-Enroesque the-world-is-against-me angry-young-man-wannabe thing..
Maybe I'm giving vent to the frustration that accompanies being stuck indoors the whole day..
Maybe it's just me
which brings me back to point 1.....
3. Chennai is boring..Not for the virile, this city.. Worried about my drooping dick..What with Surathkal next on the itinerary, it may as well sag and breathe it's last...which brings me to point 1...
4. I hate the declivity sport is going through.. It's rapidly on the wane... As long as dope is restricted to the privacy of the hostel room and appreciating good music(most will read floyd), it's ok..But when you take it into the public arena right in the middle of sports from something as fast paced as athletics to something as tranquil as cycling, it kills tyhe sport.. If doping is not enough, sport suffers from predictability..
Whether it's federer in tennis, Australia in cricket, Schumy(till last yr) in F1 or the likes, one sidedness kills sport. The FIFA WC came as a breather.
5. I hate the hypocrites that populate our society.. When women's lib activists lobby aggressively for reservation in parliament but want to be treated on the same footing as men.. If you want respect, earn it by standing on the same platform.
6.Mukesh Ambani's premonition that retail will spur growth in the future is laudable.. Here is a man with foresight who can put his money where his mouth is.. He more than backed up his vision with his considerable financial muscle.. India has for long felt the need for a pan-India retail behemoth, and with a bellweather like reliance entering the arena, that void is sure to be filled.. Mukesh Ambani's association with IIMB has definitely made the ramparts of the Bannarghetta road citadel more desirable to me..
7. I'm concerned about my inability to show my true feelings to people other than the ones I love.. I hate to be perceived as passive when in fact I have very strong opinions which deserve to be heard... People I have voiced these opinions to will, I hope, vouch for that..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home